Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Challenge

A Challenge has been issued to those of us who are moms of many. With the Blessing of children comes responsibility--as with all Blessings. That responsibility is to teach them about God: His Love, His Grace, His Word, His Son. We can't do that if we are ill, or tired all the time, or incapacitated in some other way (like when I needed back surgery and several months to recover after it). While there are some things that are beyond our control, if something IS in my control I should do my best at it. Taking care of the body God gave me and keeping it in good repair are part of my job. This challenge is specifically about exercising. Since my sweet baby boy is only 23 days old (picture taken while typing this), I will be starting out slowly. This week I'm thinking Kegels and the back strengthening stretches I do on my tummy will be my exercises of choice.


No comments: